Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions. He cannot stand to be touched. And he detests the color yellow.

This improbable story of Christopher's quest to investigate the suspicious death of a neighborhood dog makes for one of the most captivating, unusual, and widely heralded novels in recent years.


This was my last book project in my high school career, and I have to say that I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I thought this book was good, and it kept my interest in the beginning and the end, but there was that murky middle area that I didn't quite enjoy. I think that this book was definitely unique in it's perspective, and I loved the way that Christopher's quirks were explained and shown throughout the book. I don't really know what else to say about this book, except that the title of the book is extremely long, which is why I've been referring to it as "this book." This book is hard to explain, but it's about much, much more than a curious incident of a dog in the night time. If you like books with quirky characters, this book is definitely for you. 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...