Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Go Ask Alice - Anonymous

January 24th After you've had it, there isn't even life without drugs.... It started when she was served a soft drink laced with LSD in a dangerous party game. Within months, she was hooked, trapped in a downward spiral that took her from her comfortable home and loving family to the mean streets of an unforgiving city. It was a journey that would rob her of her innocence, her youth -- and ultimately her life. Read her diary. Enter her world.
You will never forget her.
For thirty-five years, the acclaimed, bestselling first-person account of a teenage girl's harrowing decent into the nightmarish world of drugs has left an indelible mark on generations of teen readers. As powerful -- and as timely -- today as ever, Go Ask Alice remains the definitive book on the horrors of addiction.


My older sister recommended this book to me, she said that she had read it in school and that it was one of her favorites. I wasn't sure how I would feel about reading someone's personal thoughts, and their personal memories, but there was just something about this one that kept me coming back.This diary was phenominally raw and real, not much was edited from what I can tell. There there is too much to say about it, only, I can't put my thoughts into coherent words. Every teenager, or adult, should read this book. If you haven't read it yet, then please, do.

*There is heavy drug use in this diary, and multiple f-bombs were dropped, also, some graphic scenes. I would recommend that anyone 15+ read this book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...