Friday, June 15, 2012

The Walking Dead vol 1

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. Rick Grimes finds himself one of the few survivors in this terrifying future. A couple months ago he was a small town cop who had never fired a shot and only ever saw one dead body. Separated from his family, he must now sort through all the death and confusion to try and find his wife and son. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living.

This was the second graphic novel that I've read, and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. I don't have much to compare it to, but from all of the talk about this TV series, I think that it'd be ok if I said that this book was a really good first book for this series.
I enjoyed the depth of the characters, they were developed well, but for some reason I thought that there could have been more development. Some things were hinted at in the dialogue - and sometimes even in the drawing - but they weren't fully developed. The extreme plot twist at the end made me want to read more, so I ordered the next four books in the series from my library... Anyway, I loved the post-apocalyptic setting and the drawing was phenomenally creepy. I am definitely going to keep up with this series, but first I think I have to catch up...

4.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...