Friday, June 22, 2012

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (1)

After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.

Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.


When I picked this up from my local library, I was expecting something that was as fantastic as the original VA books. I was a little disappointed in reading this book, I guess I was just expecting more detail plot wise. I mean, the basic plot was there, it was just kind of in bits and pieces and I kept having to remind myself what happened in the first VA book to make certain things in this graphic novel make sense. I don't know if this novel would make much sense to someone who hasn't read the VA books, because I don't think a person who hasn't read VA would completely understand the characters and the world that VA is set in. Either way, the graphic novel was good. I loved the drawing and this was a good way for me to recap what happened in the first Vampire Academy book. Plus, Dimitri was pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what they do with Adrian and he rest of the gang. This book definitely needs to be on my shelf.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...