Monday, September 26, 2011

Saved by the Sea – David Helvarg

Saved by the Sea – David Helvarg

Saved by the Sea : A Love Story with Fish

“From bodysurfing in Central American war zones, diving barrier reefs with his tragically fated love, Nancy, or being bumped by a whale off Antarctica, David Helvarg has lived a life often as endangered as the ocean he now works to protect. Saved by the Sea is the story of this longtime journalist’s personal love, loss, and redemption in the free-flowing heart of our blue-marble planet.

This eloquent and honestly told tale of the changes in one man’s journey and the world’s ocean over the last half-entury is also profound, startling, and sometimes surprisingly funny reflection in the state of our seas and the intimate ways in which our lives are all linked to the natural world around us. Saved by the Sea will bring salt water to your eyes and small waves of hope to your heart.”

I was going to sit down and make a review up on how this was an okay book. But I can’t lie and I have to tell the truth. I couldn’t get into it. I usually give a book 2 chapters but this was really boring. I know you might be telling me I should give it a chance and maybe one day I will. I recommend this book to people who would be interested in this man’s adventures at seas. No age limit I suppose. J

Rating

~KT

Grading scale

ü Hüdfagghoutin’ – This book has got to be kidding me. Was the author high when (s) he wrote this?!? I can’t think of another word to describe this horrid piece of work other than Hüdfagghoutin’!

Questlimation Mark – This book made me think “What the heck?!?” It’s not the worst thing but it’s defiantly not the best. I have no idea what the book is supposed to be telling me. I wouldn’t recommend it.

J Smiley Face – This was an awesome book. I enjoyed reading it and I would love to read it again. The story was fabulous and I’ll recommend it to people.

Fourteen – This is the highest rating I will give a book. It’s only reserved for my absolute favorite books. If it gets a Fourteen then you know you HAVE to read it. I absolutely couldn’t take my eyes off the book until it was done. I probably stayed up all night and day to finish. This is a book that I’ll be reading many times in the future. It touched my heart in a way that can only be described as magic and I fell in love with one or more of the characters. I will insist on people reading this book and hope that someday I will marry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...