Friday, September 2, 2011

Sleeping Naked is Green – Vanessa Farquharson

Sleeping Naked is Green – Vanessa Farquharson

Sleeping naked is green: how an eco-cynic unplugged her fridge, sold her car, and found love in 366 days – Vanessa Farquharson

“No one likes listening to smug hippies brag about how they don’t use toilet paper or lecture about the evils of plastic bags and SUVs. But most of us do want to lesson our ecological footprints. With this in mine, Vanessa Farquharson takes on the intense personal challenge of making one green change to her lifestyle every day for a year, to find out what’s doable and what’s too hardcore.

Whether confronting the hypocrisy of carbon-offsetting air travel or figuring out the best place in her living room for a compost bin full of worms and rotting cabbage, Vanessa writes about her foray into the green world with comical and accessible insight in this honest look at what happens when an average girl throws herself into the murkiest depths of the green movement.”

As it says in my About Katelyn page, Sleeping Naked is Green is one of my favorite books. Vanessa gave me some insight of the world and I caught the inspiration that poured off of her witty words and look on life. This book is nonfiction and is about Vanessa’s green year where she makes one green change a day and blogs about it. She has completed her challenge and you can read her blog entries over that year at www.greenasathistle.com and send her a hello. This book’s for 15+ and up. Maybe younger depending on maturity does have references to sex (hence sleeping naked) and womanly issues. J

Rating

~Kay

Grading scale

ü Hüdfagghoutin’ – This book has got to be kidding me. Was the author high when (s) he wrote this?!? I can’t think of another word to describe this horrid piece of work other than Hüdfagghoutin’!

Questlimation Mark – This book made me think “What the heck?!?” It’s not the worst thing but it’s defiantly not the best. I have no idea what the book is supposed to be telling me. I wouldn’t recommend it.

J Smiley Face – This was an awesome book. I enjoyed reading it and I would love to read it again. The story was fabulous and I’ll recommend it to people.

Fourteen – This is the highest rating I will give a book. It’s only reserved for my absolute favorite books. If it gets a Fourteen then you know you HAVE to read it. I absolutely couldn’t take my eyes off the book until it was done. I probably stayed up all night and day to finish. This is a book that I’ll be reading many times in the future. It touched my heart in a way that can only be described as magic and I fell in love with one or more of the characters. I will insist on people reading this book and hope that someday I will marry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...