Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Y'all!

Happy new year everyone! i am pleased to inform you that I didn't die in the apocalypse, and you didn't either, I'm guessing. :) New year, new start, more books! I can't wait to share with the books that I've gotten throughout the time I was gone. Now, this year, I'm going to make a few New Year's Resolutions:
  • Read More
I know I've been an extremely bad blogger through out the past few months, and I am incredibly sorry for that. There were multiple family emergencies and I hadn't been able to keep up with reading and blogging, let alone vlogging. I plan to work on that this year, and schedule my posts so that there will always be something posted.
  • Blog More
I also know that I've been a bad vlogger, and this is because I just haven't had either the time or the energy to vlog about books. I also plan to change this. And get editing software because sometimes I tend to ramble....a lot. Which I'm going to stop doing now.
  • Read outside of my comfort zone
I feel like I get bored while reading, not because the stories that I read aren't great (most of the time they're wonderful), but because I think I need more variety when I read. I did read outside of my comfort zone last year by picking up a few Graphic Novels, which I actually liked. Maybe this year I'll try and read at least 3 biographies, because they're not my favorite material ever.
  • Read more book-to-movie adaptations

The last three resolutions are there just because I've started to really become intrigued by movies--good movies, anyway--and I know that good movies usually stem from good books, so, I've decided to read a few books that have or will become movies, and then see how the story comes to life. To date, I haven't read/watched that many book/movie adaptations, so this year, I've decided to give it a try.
  • Read a few classics
I think that this particular bullet is on my Resolutions list every single year. I don't know why I don't read many classics, but just don't. So, I've decided to fix that this year and read some classics. :)


I'm not sure what the posting schedule is going to be, mainly because I'm working and I'm going to take a few AP tests in May and then I graduate.... I GRADUATE. Holy crap. No. Not gonna think about it. No. I'm going to try and post at least twice a month.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for being fantastic reading individuals and fantastic individuals in general. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...