Wednesday, January 2, 2013

True Blood, Vol. 1: All Together Now (True Blood #1)

Blood and sex mix on a hot rainy night at Merlotte's, when Sookie and her friends are trapped by a vengeful spirit who feeds on shame. People die and dirty secrets are revealed as Sookie, Bill, Eric, Sam, Tara, Jason, and Lafayette and are all coerced to dig deep and tell painful memories from their past....those things we all have locked within us that we never tell another living soul Bon Temps, Louisiana has never been stranger, or more twisted, in a story co-plotted by True Blood series creator Alan Ball, with a script by David Tischman (Bite Club) and Mariah Huehner, and lush art by David Messina (Star Trek: Countdown).

I had just finished watching Season 1 of True Blood (Yes, I know I'm a tad behind, but I don't get HBO) and I needed a fix when all of the sudden this fantastically amazing Graphic Novel poped out at me while I was perusing through my local library. I was so excited to read it that I went straighht home, shut my door, and read until I finished it (This was the day after Thanksgiving and the left over turkey was calling my name, so this took a bit of effort on my part.) Anyway, I'm happy to say that I've finished this first novel and OH MY GOODNESS. I absolutely ADORED it.

Some things in this novel didn't really make sense to me , but I chalked that up to me not watching Season 2 of True Blood before I started reading. I loved learning some of the backstories of my favorite side characters, although I think the Vampires should have opened up a bit more... Maybe it's just my wild imagination, but I think they have a lot more skeletons in their closet...

Either way, this was an extremely entertaining read and I can't wait to pick up the second book!
4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...