Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Divergent - Veronica Roth

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

All I really have to say about Divergent is, wow! I can't believe that I've waited so long to read this book!
I was dreading getting into another book, because I've been having some bad reading luck lately, and I was pleasantly surprised that Divergent got me out of my reading rut.I loved the plot, the pacing and the action. Roth is a writing genius. I was happy that I couldn't figure out what was going to happen next--I couldn't turn the pages fast enough! Not only is the plot, action, and pacing delightful, but there was just enough detail to let you know what was going on, how the characters were feeling, and you still had room for imagination. I feel that many books these days either have way too much detail, or way too little detail. Divergent definitely had the right amount. Another thing that I absolutely adored about Divergent was Four. I really liked getting to know him, and I know that after that cliffhanger of an ending, we're definitely going to see more into Four's past and I hope to know what he's feeling in the present. I really liked the fact that yes, there is some romance in this book, but it is not the main focus of the entire story. Divergent is definitely a dystopian novel through and through. Divergent is such a great story about a growing up and fighting tor what you believe in. Divergent was written beautifully, I see room for some more plot twists. Roth will not disappoint in the next book in the Divergent trilogy, Insurgent. If you haven't picked it up yet, drop everything and do so! You definitely won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...